One-of-a-kind furniture and home decor!

You can reach me at 435-862-0908 or email sharleyfunk@msn.com.

Rustic Side Table








I found some of these table at the thrift store, so I admit I didn't make them.  But, how easy would they be?!  I wonder if it was a high school woodworking project or group of ladies being crafty together?  Well, I think I'll definately be whipping up a few of these myself!

When I refinished this table I had no intention of keeping it, but I've decided I just can't live without it.  I LOVE how it turned out!  It was about a 15 minute refinish.  I sanded off the marker, brushed on a messy coat of green paint, sanded it a lot, and then put a coat of dark walnut stain over the top.  OK, maybe it took 20 minutes, but it was well worth it!

The great thing is, I have 2 more tables like this, waiting to be refinished.  Hmmm...so many colors to choose from.

Project linked to

8 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB.. I WOULDNT HAVE EVEN THOUGHT OF DOING THAT TABLE OVER AND IT TURNED OUT FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous, I would have kept it too :)

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Love it when that happens :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great save...I think I'd keep it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the paint treatment you put on it too. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out INCREDIBLE! Did you use gel stain or what kind? I haven't had a lot of luck using stain for my distressing. I would be delighted to have you join my VIP party today =)http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/powder-bath-revealed.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. just saw this table. I have one kind of similar and have been debating how to do. Decision made! Great job! I just started up a blog, come check me out :)

    ReplyDelete