One-of-a-kind furniture and home decor!

You can reach me at 435-862-0908 or email sharleyfunk@msn.com.

Does "Shabby Chic" Mean "Crappy Paint"?

My client bought this dresser from a local consignment store and paid them to paint it.  Then, she brought it to me to have it re-painted.  It looked like the top and sides were brushed on very messy fashion, and the rest was sprayed with maybe one coat of paint.  No protective coat. I like things that are distressed, but isn't this taking it a bit far?  Or is this a thing? Hmmmm...well, not my thing.  



And it was falling apart.

So while we were at it, we decided to change colors too!




1 comment:

  1. Okay, I know I just said I would paint my hutch a bolder color after seeing your golden yellow makeover. But this is the look I've been dreaming of for that piece and just wasn't sure what it would look like. This is so amazing! My heart skipped a beat! Do you mind sharing your steps in the makeover; type of undercoat and color, and final finish? I so have to try and achieve this. I'm with you on the before, I think some think shabby chic is just slap some paint and scrape a bit off! lol
    Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete