Sometimes my plans for furniture change a lot once I get them home. This set was going to be black. Now, I can't even picture it. But, I'm so glad the girly theme came to me. Since my girls are too old for cutsie stuff, I get to live vicariously through my furniture. :)
The four posts on the bed were missing the finials & I didn't really want to buy new ones. I decided to cut flowers out of some 2" pine I had. I just traced them on the wood, and used my scroll saw. Then I used dowel sticks to attach them. I'm so happy with the final look!
After primer, came the pink, then a white wash over the top. I lightly sanded the edges and used a coat of glossy polyerathane on top!